Visiting the TMT Project Office
TMT welcomes visitors who come to work on their research, whether to participate in meetings and reviews, work with TMT staff, or utilize any of the facilities available. The main purpose of this visit is to participate in fundamental research as defined in Section 734.8 of the Export Administration Regulations related to the design and development of a thirty meter optical telescope. TMT’s intent is to publish the results of this research.
Persons interested in longer visits should correspond with the Project Manager well in advance of their anticipated visit in order to ensure adequate office space and other arrangements.
We hope you find the information provided here useful as you become part of the TMT.
|Project Office location:||Thirty Meter Telescope|
|100 West Walnut Street, Suite 300|
|Pasadena, California 91124|
For assistance in booking your travel to TMT, you may contact our preferred travel agency:
|Corporate Traveler:||Toll Free from USA & Canada: +1.866.790.7523|
As a guest of TMT, you are able to take advantage of the TMT negotiated rate at the Courtyard Marriott in Old Town Pasadena conveniently located across the street from the project office. Visitor must have prior authorization in acquiring the TMT negotiated rate since affiliation is verified upon making a reservation. TMT Visitors are also welcome at the Fuller Guest Center conveniently located near a Metro Rail station that makes it easier for travel to and from the project office. The project office is within walking distance from a Metro Rail station.
There are numerous public transportation options to get around Pasadena and Southern California area.
- The Metro Rail system is comprised of the Metro Gold, Red, Blue, and Green Lines. The Metro Bus system operates over 200 bus lines, which offer a variety of services such as Local, Rapid, and Freeway Express. Complete information about Metro Rail and Bus service can be found online at http://www.metro.net/.
- Pasadena Area Rapid Transit System (ARTS) has seven routes that connect Pasadena. Complete information on routes and schedules can be found online at http://cityofpasadena.net/Transportation/Arts_Routes_and_Schedules/.
- Metrolink is a commuter rail service provides service to Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernadino, San Diego, and Ventura counties. You can catch Metrolink at Union Station. Complete information can be found online at www.metrolinktrains.com.
TMT Hertz Corporate Discount Program (CDP) #1675118
- When renting under TMT’s Hertz CDP for TMT business-related travel, there is no need to purchase additional insurance for all Domestic travel. For Foreign travel, insurance must be purchased.
- A Foreign National is required to purchase additional insurance for both Domestic and Foreign travel.
From Los Angeles Airport (LAX)
- Start out going EAST on WORLD WAY/CENTER WAY.
- Merge onto S SEPULVEDA BLVD/CA-1 S toward I-105.
- Take the IMPERIAL HWY WEST/I-105 E ramp toward IMPERIAL TERMINAL.
- Merge onto I-105 E toward NORWALK.
- Merge onto I-110 N toward LOS ANGELES.
- I-110 N becomes CA-110 N.
- Take exit 31A for Orange Grove Avenue
- Turn left into Orange Grove Avenue
- Turn right into West Walnut Street
- Destination will be on your right, 100 WEST WALNUT STREET